FAQs for Financial Departments
Browse through our comprehensive list of frequently asked questions
- How does edHEALTH save my educational institution, faculty, and staff money?
- Why should we switch to edHEALTH? No one is complaining about our employee health insurance program.
- What is the major difference between our current fully insured health insurance arrangement and the edHEALTH program?
- What’s a captive?
- What distinguishes a member-owned captive from other captives?
- Is there added risk in a self-insured plan?
- How is my school protected from a bad claims year?
- How does the healthcare program funding work?
- What benefits do we get by joining edHEALTH?
- What do I need to know about obtaining an edHEALTH working rate?
- What is the minimum number of benefit-eligible employees that a school should have to receive a working rate quote?
- Once a school decides to become a member-owner of edHEALTH, what is the process for onboarding?
- Are there any fees to join edHEALTH?
- Where do we find individual school claim and financial reports?